2. I want to see Henin win the tournament. I like her. I like how intense she is.
3. Venus went out this morning. I'm sorry. But at least it means there won't be another undercooked Williams on Williams final
4. Murray's another one who's intense. The French crowd seem to love him. Maybe it's all the existential suffering he seems to do. Maybe it's got something to do with the auld alliance.
5. Among the corporate logos that cover the courts the only one I didn't recognise was Afflelou- so I looked it up. Alain Afflelou has a chain of shops selling eyewear. Or he did. His company, which only trades in France and Spain, is now owned by a UK investment firm.
6. British Eurosport, catering as it does for a clientele that knows there's a world beyond these shores, carries lots of travel ads. I like the one that goes (in a breathy, girly voice)
We are Turkish airlines;
We are globally yours.
It reminds me of the jingle for the dairy product (I forget which one it was) that went
We are happy cows;
We eat the grass and browse.
I used to sing it to the cats (when we had them) only my version went
We are happy cats
We eat mice and bats.