|Six Reasons Why Agatha Christie Is Just Like Jane Austen
||[Nov. 9th, 2006|04:44 pm]
1. Both write a clear, cool, dateless, English prose.|
2. Both are completely free of sentiment.
3. Both are ironists.
3. Both are sly social critics.
4. Both write excellent dialogue.
5. Neither cares in the least about landscape, architecture, clothes or interior furnishing (and yet when they're filmed it's exactly these things that get highlighted- and how odd is that?)
6. Each is the supreme writer in a genre that she transcends.