October 4th, 2013


Sour Milk

My mother keeps a little jug of milk in her bedroom so she can have a cup of tea in the morning. Last night it curdled- something I've not known happen before. She blames the thunderstorm.


There are lots of mushrooms in the fields- and I look at them and see a free dinner going to waste. I asked Matthew if he knew the difference between an edible mushroom and a poison one and he told me about eating a dish of field mushrooms prepared by someone who was supposed to know what they were doing and then noticing that the faces of the people around him had started to melt. The symptoms persisted for three months- and included a permanent migraine.  Oddly enough, the person who prepared the mushrooms- and ate them too- suffered no ill effects.

OK- point taken.