|Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them
||[Nov. 28th, 2016|04:28 pm]
1. A superhero movie, well sort of- only the main super-hero is a shy, David-Attenborough type who slouches.|
2. Best lines (quoted from memory)
Newt: People like you.
Jacob: I'm sure they like you too.
Newt: No, most of them find me annoying.
3. The digital recreation of New York in the 1920s is rather moving. The past has gone irretrievably. Well, maybe not irretrievably anymore.
4. Ailz and I were mavelling at the number of special effects companies who are credited. We lost count at five....
5. My favourite sequence; the one inside Newt's suitcase- where all the different habitats are magically joined together- and the thunderbird (if that's what it is) descends from a night sky into a sun drenched Arizona desert. I suspect this is what the inner planes are like- at least the lower ones.
6. So where to next? We're not in school any longer; we can travel anywhere we choose...