|Things I've Learned About Painting In Watercolour
||[May. 16th, 2016|12:54 pm]
1. Don't overwork the paint. OK- you can, but then you'll end up with something that looks like an early Rossetti and you'll have lost the fluency and transparency that makes the medium distinctive.|
2. Brushstokes are beautiful in themselves.
3. Don't correct your mistakes. Corrections always look like corrections. If the thing really isn't right then start again on another piece of paper.
4. Some mistakes are actually happy accidents.
5. Don't dither . Go big and broad.
6. Don't overthink. The image in your head isn't the image you'll end up with. The image you end up with will be bolder and better. If it isn't, chuck it away.
7. Trust the brush.